Wet sloppy coop-help!

brijetterom

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 26, 2014
I need help with some innovative ways to keep the cook dry. My girls somehow always get water from their waterer all around the coop. It's a standard waterer that refills as its depleted. I raise it up on bricks and that helps but it is not solved.

Any advice is welcome.

Sounds like you may have a hole or crack in the top. If so, water will overflow the rim of the bottom part and continuously drain till empty. I bought a brand new waterer and it had a small crack. Put some glue and covered it with a piece of plastic to fix. Was only $2 , so wasnt worth driving all the way back to town to get another one. just a thought. If the water level is at the rim, then there is a hole in the top.

I may do that. Any suggestions on what to use to dry out a coop? With the watering can and the recent rains it is a sloppy wet mess in there!

None because I clean it daily and i live in Southern california where is NEVER rains. Also, I am on a Budget.

Throw some dry dirt on top of the wet stuff to help absorb the moisture. Put some hay on top of that, it will help keep their feet from being directly on the dirt. It also gives them something to do. They will scratch all day looking for snacks under the hay. Keeps the, from being bored and pecking each other/

Back
Top Bottom