Wet under water nipples..

MamaAB

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 21, 2013
Ok so I have nipples set up and the chicks love them but the problem is I think they are dropping more than they are drinking because under it and surrounding area is WET! Like really wet... How do I deal with this?

I have tried every nipple and cup drinker known to man. They all seem to leak some get just plain nasty. A certain amount of water can not be helped but not a flood. I don't know that you can see it in the picture. The ground under the nipples is basically dry. I found these horizontal poultry nipples they solved my problem.

I have the screw in nipples, all in one, not able to be taken apart. First I drilled a hole slightly smaller than the nipple threads... then wrapped the threads in plumbing thread sealant tape (it a thin gray tape), then screwed in the nipples. Using this method there are no leaks and zero wetness under the nipples

. I purchased mine at the local Grange farm supply store... I had to ask as they are small and they are behind the counter because they kept getting lost on the shelf. $3 each.

You may need a different style of nipple, some are take apart, some push in, some screw in, etc. Mine are screwed in to a thinner plastic. What are you putting them into? PVC or ?

Last edited:
The nipples will leak if the pressure on them is too high. I have found that the pressure from a 5 gallon bucket filled is too much for them. I fill my supply bucket about 1/3 to 1/2 full.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom