Whangarei poultry and pigeon show in may! Anybody know it?

I'm a Kiwi! Have been in the US forever, though.

You would have a better chance of finding someone who knows about the Whangarei show (pronounced fong - a - ray, note for curious Americans
wink.png
) ... on the backyardpoultry.com forums .

Backyardpoultry.com (as distinct from Backyardchickens.com) is an Australian and New Zealand website, I believe based in Australia... it's an amazing naming coincidence, but it does appear to be just that, a coincidence. They have been around since at least 2005-ish. From their front page,
"This site is dedicated to promoting and preserving backyard poultry keeping throughout Australia and New Zealand"

I am glad to see any NZ'ers or Australians on BYC, so please stay
smile.png
but for local events, BYP might be a better place to look for information.

Also interesting for anyone from the US who might be travelling to the area ... make chicken friends, know about shows in advance, and see poultry on your holiday!

Best - exop

Hi my daughter & her dad are both Kiwis. Lived 10 years in South Auckland. I thought we might end up around Whangarei if we ever retire.is it a bit warmer than Auckland? I live in California, High Desert, very little rain;) just trying to find out if I can have chickens, on almost an acre. Lots of predators including my Silky Terrier!

Well, whangarei insn't as warm as california, but sure is better than auckland. There's heaps of farms in " fong-ar-ay" hehehe, and you can keep many chickens. I already know of a few silkie chickens breeders there, and buy most poultry from locals there too. It's a nice place.

Back
Top Bottom