What’s a poultry meet up and swap?

JadeFarms

🙄🤚 Loving life 💜
May 3, 2019
Florida
I was looking on The Poultry Show Central and saw that we have many of the meet up/swaps in FL. What exactly happens there?

Usually a lot of breeders and people who hobby farm bring their chicks or chickens sometimes there’s goats and dogs and puppies...

It’s basically a yard sale but with chickens and chicks and other livestock animals.

I actually sometimes go to them to purchase chicks from breeders that I know or to sell some of the chicks that I have.

our swaps are a huge thing and they have food trucks and people who make things for animals like dog cookies, chicken saddles, dog leashes, and all sorts of other things.

It’s a great way to meet local breeders.

Usually a lot of breeders and people who hobby farm bring their chicks or chickens sometimes there’s goats and dogs and puppies...

It’s basically a yard sale but with chickens and chicks and other livestock animals.

I actually sometimes go to them to purchase chicks from breeders that I know or to sell some of the chicks that I have.

our swaps are a huge thing and they have food trucks and people who make things for animals like dog cookies, chicken saddles, dog leashes, and all sorts of other things.

It’s a great way to meet local breeders.
Oh wow that’s really interesting, I saw many around fl so I may go because I’m interested in getting some more birds. Are there usually show birds there? How hard is it to get in and sell birds? Is there an age limit for the people that go to them? Sorry for all the questions.

Oh wow that’s really interesting, I saw many around fl so I may go because I’m interested in getting some more birds. Are there usually show birds there? How hard is it to get in and sell birds? Is there an age limit for the people that go to them? Sorry for all the questions.
For the ones I have here, I have seen show quality birds- and also just plain mutts. I don’t think there’s any age limit, I’ve seen five year olds selling goats.

For the ones I have here, I have seen show quality birds- and also just plain mutts. I don’t think there’s any age limit, I’ve seen five year olds selling goats.
Okay, the goats sound even better since I have been looking for goats. I’m really hoping to go!!

A swap/meetup is a gathering of chicken breeders, hobby farmers, backyard chicken folks, and other chicken people looking to buy, swap, and sell mostly chickens but also other poultry and farm animals. Usually peafowl, quail, turkeys, duck, geese, swans and more poultry will be included. And cows, sheep, and goats are usually sold too. Swaps are usually co-hosted with poultry shows. Usually it is for EGG-stra poultry people have or want to sell. SQ poultry is rare at a swap and if someone says they are SQ you will want to ask questions. Most birds are PQ. Usually you will see trios and pairs of birds. Be careful of diseases. I have gotten nice birds from swaps before and recommend going to one. If your in FL I know a Serama breeder in FL who usually is at any swap near her.

It is not hard to sell at a swap. Contact the people who are running it and ask. You will need to likely bring your own tent and cages. You will also need to pay a small fee. I have seen 13 year olds selling EGG-stra Pet Quality birds from their breeding programs. :)

Back
Top Bottom