What’s a poultry meet up and swap?

A swap/meetup is a gathering of chicken breeders, hobby farmers, backyard chicken folks, and other chicken people looking to buy, swap, and sell mostly chickens but also other poultry and farm animals. Usually peafowl, quail, turkeys, duck, geese, swans and more poultry will be included. And cows, sheep, and goats are usually sold too. Swaps are usually co-hosted with poultry shows. Usually it is for EGG-stra poultry people have or want to sell. SQ poultry is rare at a swap and if someone says they are SQ you will want to ask questions. Most birds are PQ. Usually you will see trios and pairs of birds. Be careful of diseases. I have gotten nice birds from swaps before and recommend going to one. If your in FL I know a Serama breeder in FL who usually is at any swap near her.
Does she sell show quality Serama’s? I may go to the one in Lakeland unless COVID stops us.

Oh wow that’s really interesting, I saw many around fl so I may go because I’m interested in getting some more birds. Are there usually show birds there? How hard is it to get in and sell birds? Is there an age limit for the people that go to them? Sorry for all the questions.
Yes there are show birds. It’s not hard to sell usually you just show up and set up a table. There is no age limit from what I’ve seen.

Back
Top Bottom