What’s going on with my chickens??

Lover duck duck

Songster
6 Years
Apr 10, 2018
Does anyone know what could be happening to my chickens? They are 9 months old and their butts look like their feathers have been plucked out. I have 3 leghorns and they all have it, now one of my australorp and Orpington have it too. They are all eating fine and drinking, they all get free choice Kalmbach Henhouse Reserve and a bowl of free choice shells. Checked for mites and lice nothing. They have been like this for a couple of weeks and I thought it would get better and they would start growing feathers back but it’s the same not worse. I took to vet but since I believe it’s a regular vet they themselves don’t know what it was other than saying others were pecking at them but is not vent gleet 🤦🏻‍♀️

I just don’t know what to do I purchased Banixx for Chixx and it doesn’t seem to be helping. I added pictures of my leghorns and the product I purchased.

Attachments

• IMG_3316.jpeg
    IMG_3316.jpeg
    374.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3317.jpeg
    IMG_3317.jpeg
    408.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3320.png
    IMG_3320.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Feather pecking/plucking by one or more flock mates. Any bird/birds not being plucked are the trouble makers. Do an on site search on Pin Less Peepers. They can stop and sometimes break this bad habit. Generally starts over winter when birds are confined and become bored.

Feather pecking/plucking by one or more flock mates. Any bird/birds not being plucked are the trouble makers. Do an on site search on Pin Less Peepers. They can stop and sometimes break this bad habit. Generally starts over winter when birds are confined and become bored.
I’m in central Florida so I do not keep them confined other than they are not free ranged. They have a predator proof run of 900 square feet and their coop is 10’x12’ which I thought was big enough and it shouldn’t be happening. My husband thinks I should change their roost bars around 🤷🏻‍♀️

I give All Flock to my turkeys, geese and ducks but it’s the 17% it’s hard to get the 20% from tractor supply because they don’t keep it in stock all the time.
They love the Kalmbach brand. I spoke to Kalmbach and they recommended that food but they do have some with higher protein. Do you think the protein is to low? Do most people give higher protein to chickens?

Back
Top Bottom