What’s in my eggs?!?!

BlessedmamaAELE

Songster
Apr 12, 2019
Are these mites? Fleas? Invasive? Not? Remedy? They seem to have come around when I added new hay.
7D30884D-88EE-4992-AD7E-5DDF492897B9.jpeg

Are you in the U.S.? Use a permethrin based dust. DE won't do much with an infestation like that.

ETA: This is what I use. Mix according to lable and spray (down to skin) around vent, belly below vent, and under each wing. Repeat every 10 days until little nasties are gone. Make sure to clean and treat the coop/nest boxes too. Confirm it is lice first of course. Check below vent at base of feathers for egg clusters.
Screenshot_20200404-192417.png

Last edited:
Are you in the U.S.? Use a permethrin based dust. DE won't do much with an infestation like that.

ETA: This is what I use. Mix according to lable and spray (down to skin) around vent, belly below vent, and under each wing. Repeat every 10 days until little nasties are gone. Make sure to clean and treat the coop/nest boxes too. Confirm it is lice first of course. Check below vent at base of feathers for egg clusters.
View attachment 2075595
Yes in US. I’m not certain they are lice. Or mites. They seem to be attracted to the eggs. They are like flat and reddish in color. Going to check my girls tomorrow.

View attachment 2075595

My eyes are horrible. I'm sure my face was too, looking at my phone watching your video. :gig

Check everyone first and then report back. Very odd that they would be on the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom