What’s in your chicken first aid kit?! 🐓

I've got most everything already listed, plus:
Seedling heat mats,
Spare newspaper and paper towels
Dedicated pet towel
Puppy playpen (the fabric ones - far superior to a dog crate imo)
Polyaid(or othe sick bird vitamin supplement)
Liquid calcium + vitamin d
Clay sculpting tools (for excavating bumblefoot)
Microscope, saline, slides and slipcovers (for diy fecal floats)
Lorikeet wetmix (for super lethargic hens)
60ml 15ml and 1ml syringes
Silicone tubing (to fit the 60ml)
Small feeders/waterers
Epsom salts
Rubbing alcohol
No tears shampoo (and white dog shampoo)
22 gauge syringes (perfect size for draining a wound or dealing with abdominal fluid buildup)
For wound care, there is also a 'medical grade' honey - definitely not something you would eat. I've heard some areas can't get antibiotic ointments, so I would recommend it as an alternative

Various foods to keep handy:
Apple sauce
Apple cider vinegar
Frozen berries
Dried mealworms and crickets
Pumpkin seeds
Sunflower seeds
Baby food
Dry catfood
Olive oil
Dedicated blender (Nutribullet cup and blade)
... I'm sure I'm missing a few, but those are the big ones off the top of my head.

I'd love to add a cold laser, they're a little expensive, but might do.
Rectal thermometer should prolly make its way to the kit too...

Q-tips and coto balls are great, ill have tp add them to ours!
Cotton balls and paper towels are good for cleaning up blood of injuries and during bumble surgery. Q-tips are great for cleaning a hens nasal area, lubricating a egg bound hen's butt, and applying medication to a deep bumble surgery after your done clearing it out.

Cotton balls and paper towels are good for cleaning up blood of injuries and during bumble surgery. Q-tips are great for cleaning a hens nasal area, lubricating a egg bound hen's butt, and applying medication to a deep bumble surgery after your done clearing it out.
Oh yes! Those seem like their very practical and smart to have handy.

I’m newish to keeping chickens (coming up to a year) and I’d love to know what is in your chicken first aid kit! I’m based in the UK so there may be some medication you can get in the US that I can’t get here but I can of course Google and try to find an alternative! I’ve been collecting things as my chickens get into scrapes and mischief! I currently have:

Vet wrap
Purple antibacterial spray
Chicken vitamins for drinking water
Worming powder
Coccidiosis liquid medicine for water
Magnesium sulphate ointment
non stick gauze

I’ve ordered some Neosporin from abroad so hopefully that’ll find its way to me though I’m not sure it’ll get through customs 😯

What might I find I suddenly need?! Looking forward to seeing your suggestions! 😃
We keep Ivermectin, Blue spray,
I’m newish to keeping chickens (coming up to a year) and I’d love to know what is in your chicken first aid kit! I’m based in the UK so there may be some medication you can get in the US that I can’t get here but I can of course Google and try to find an alternative! I’ve been collecting things as my chickens get into scrapes and mischief! I currently have:

Vet wrap
Worming powder
non stick gauze

I’ve ordered some Neosporin from abroad so hopefully that’ll find its way to me though I’m not sure it’ll get through customs 😯

What might I find I suddenly need?! Looking forward to seeing your suggestions! 😃
Ivermectin
Tylan 200
LA-200 (Liquamycin)
Blu-Kote
Triple Antibiotic ointment (WITHOUT pain relief)
Sevin Dust
Corrid
Oral and injection syringes of tiny gauges
Poultry Protector Spray
Lice shampoo
Mycrocin Spray
Vaseline
Stretchy gauze
Athlete's foot spray and cream
Poly-Vi-Sol (without iron)
Vet Rx
B12, probiotics, Vit E

We also feed cinnamon and oregano to the flock everyday as a natural antibiotic, along with ginger, basil, rosemary, honey, and yogurt on a varying basis as preventatives.

We keep Ivermectin, Blue spray,

Ivermectin
Tylan 200
LA-200 (Liquamycin)
Blu-Kote
Triple Antibiotic ointment (WITHOUT pain relief)
Sevin Dust
Corrid
Oral and injection syringes of tiny gauges
Poultry Protector Spray
Lice shampoo
Mycrocin Spray
Vaseline
Stretchy gauze
Athlete's foot spray and cream
Poly-Vi-Sol (without iron)
Vet Rx
B12, probiotics, Vit E

We also feed cinnamon and oregano to the flock everyday as a natural antibiotic, along with ginger, basil, rosemary, honey, and yogurt on a varying basis as preventatives.
Oh absolutely! We have a chicken garden at our house, filled to the brim with catmint, oregano, thyme, sunflower sprouts, goji berries and mung beans! They love it. we dont have rosemary and gimger though! It sounds yummy.

Vet wrap
Worming powder
non stick gauze

My Chicken First aid kit.

Bandage Wrap

Gauze pads

Triple Antibiotic ointment

Corid

Dewormer

Baby Aspirin(Just ordered that)

Nutridrench

Vitamin E capsules

Tart Cherry Extract capsules

Petroleum Jelly

Chicken Supplies:

Clippers for spur trimming

Leg bands for marking birds as Breeders for projects, or just keepers.

Harnesses, just for training on leash if I wanted. Or to use as a sling for injured birds.

Hen Saddles

Permethrin dust for mite/lice management.

Scissors for clipping feathers

Fake eggs for training

Sanitizer for brooders, & incubators

Incubator

Breeding Pens

Back
Top Bottom