What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Pics
Oh my gosh, that is so funny that string cheese is like worms 😂
Maybe I should feed my chickies cheese sometime.
Yes, I'm not a big pepperoni fan either. I guess I could feed them meat scraps off my plate every now-and-then.
What's really weird is that my chickens love rice😐
Mine love rice and they love meat of all kinds. I am kinda squeamish about giving them chicken. They aren't squeamish about it at all!
Their ability to pick bones clean is quite admirable.

Mine like to find an inch of space beneath the fencing and go under. Then I've seen other people's Australorps do the same thing, lol. I've had a few birds who go on top of the netting too. :lol:
I had an australorp chick who was abnormally small and could fit through our gate for them. It wasn't chicken wire, so we would constantly look out the window and yell, "NIGHTWING GOT OUT AGAIN!" then we would race out and scoop her up and put her back inside :lau

Mine love rice and they love meat of all kinds. I am kinda squeamish about giving them chicken. They aren't squeamish about it at all!
Their ability to pick bones clean is quite admirable
one time when I was younger, I was walking through the yard with a friend and we noticed something in the chicken run. My friend lost it, because apparently my dad had put a piece of deer (from a friend) in the run. She thought it was a dead chicken and the girls were being cannibals, but the girls adored it and picked at it for several days.

one time when I was younger, I was walking through the yard with a friend and we noticed something in the chicken run. My friend lost it, because apparently my dad had put a piece of deer (from a friend) in the run. She thought it was a dead chicken and the girls were being cannibals, but the girls adored it and picked at it for several days.
Just remember. Never, and I mean NEVER, fall over in the chicken run.

It’s weird though. If I see a vulture eating another bird, or Raven eating another bird I think nothing of it. But a chicken eating chicken or an egg.. somehow it feels..wrong

I had an australorp chick who was abnormally small and could fit through our gate for them. It wasn't chicken wire, so we would constantly look out the window and yell, "NIGHTWING GOT OUT AGAIN!" then we would race out and scoop her up and put her back inside :lau
See? Australorp! I think they're smarter than normal chicken breeds, because this seems to be a common thing amongst them. Unless they got something secret in their DNA that automatically gave them an escape plan at hatch. :gig

On a side note though, I have seen my more 'intelligent' chickens being better escape artists. I had this one mix who was so good at escaping, I sometimes couldn't figure out how she was doing it and she even fooled my OEGBs who were some of my smartest birds!

You learn as you go. Pretty much I just focus on my girls and their living quarters and health. All of my girls are pet quality. I don't hatch eggs or have roosters. It's a matter of choice. You don't need a roo to get eggs. Although I got sexed Polish, I suspect one might be a roo and, if so, will get rehomed. I mostly have Silkies plus a Steel Egger, a Mottled Cochin, a Frizzled Cochin and 2 Polish. 11 bodies, but because they're bantams (other than the 2 Polish), I count them as 4 total (my chicken math)! Just kidding! Make sure you keep your feed in a tub, not just the plastic bag, so rodents don't get to it.

Back
Top Bottom