What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Pics
Whoopsie, my phone spell checks me in a way that often gets me in trouble…
Yeah, he never laid those pretty blue eggs dang it!

Do your ducks and chickens get along?
They have friendly rivarly, They do not attack each other sometimes.. But they will steal food and retreat it to their 'Bases' Chicken base being the left side of the coop and Duck base being on the right, I call it their bases because they will steal food and hide it in their bases to eat later. The only time they fight is if they find worms.. Then it gets physical!

I can’t take a walk it’s pouring here :( What if drowns, or is shrink wrapped?? The humidity is down to 68%…
Oh boy. Don't forget the humidity effect on toes and legs (or is that just quail?) where they're more likely to have curled toes or splay legs with too-high humidity. Even more things to be worried about!

Let me tell you, trying to use a band-aid cut in half to make tiny leg hobbles for a newborn quail chick is not the arts and crafts I wanted to deal with.

Oh boy. Don't forget the humidity effect on toes and legs (or is that just quail?) where they're more likely to have curled toes or splay legs with too-high humidity. Even more things to be worried about!

Let me tell you, trying to use a band-aid cut in half to make tiny leg hobbles for a newborn quail chick is not the arts and crafts I wanted to deal with.
How many quail do you have?

They have friendly rivarly, They do not attack each other sometimes.. But they will steal food and retreat it to their 'Bases' Chicken base being the left side of the coop and Duck base being on the right, I call it their bases because they will steal food and hide it in their bases to eat later. The only time they fight is if they find worms.. Then it gets physical!
Personally I think ducks have the cutest walk but a chicken running is hysterical

Not just a crack now a full blown hole! The eggs rocking! I wasn’t this nervous when I went into labor with my kids lol

How many quail do you have?
Uh...I don't really know at the moment. I *had* a covey of 15 hens and 2 roos, but then we hatched 30ish from eggs I ordered, gave away 5 hens to my mother in law, and hatched another 30 eggs. Assuming half of all these hatched eggs are roos, which we typically cull (though the Husband says he's going to see if we can rehome them first, this time), we'll end up with...40 hens and however many roos we decide to keep. We have a 6 x 4 cage (so 24 sqft) and an auxiliary 4 x 2 cage attached to the main cage...we'll end up rehoming some of the hens and keeping around 25 hens + up to 4 roos between the cages.

Uh...I don't really know at the moment. I *had* a covey of 15 hens and 2 roos, but then we hatched 30ish from eggs I ordered, gave away 5 hens to my mother in law, and hatched another 30 eggs. Assuming half of all these hatched eggs are roos, which we typically cull (though the Husband says he's going to see if we can rehome them first, this time), we'll end up with...40 hens and however many roos we decide to keep. We have a 6 x 4 cage (so 24 sqft) and an auxiliary 4 x 2 cage attached to the main cage...we'll end up rehoming some of the hens and keeping around 25 hens + up to 4 roos between the cages.
Sooo a lot? Aww I wished I lived closer I’d take a roo and some hens. My husband would probably divorce me. He can have the house, I’m keeping the chickens lol.

Back
Top Bottom