What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Yep or a Staffordshire Terrier. Ours ate an entire extended family of chipmunks a few years back. I know because she gifted me the remains of several 🤮
Oh yeah! My coonhound would bring them to me, what was left anyway, and be so proud of himself.

So all the more reason to crochet them little sweaters or at least vests :)
As a joke, yes.

As a practical matter, probably not. Chicken feathers work best if they can ruffle up or lay down whenever the chicken wants them too. A sweater or a vest gets in the way of that.

Clothing over feathers or fur does not work as well as clothing over bare skin like people have.

As a joke, yes.

As a practical matter, probably not. Chicken feathers work best if they can ruffle up or lay down whenever the chicken wants them too. A sweater or a vest gets in the way of that.

Clothing over feathers or fur does not work as well as clothing over bare skin like people have.
I’d be concerned about the execution..how on earth would I get them on the chickens?? Don’t worry no chickens clothes. I haven’t crossed over into THAT crazy, and I have full faith that y'all will most definitely stop me. Buuuut what about frostbiten combs? No hats either?

I’d be concerned about the execution..how on earth would I get them on the chickens?? Don’t worry no chickens clothes. I haven’t crossed over into THAT crazy, and I have full faith that y'all will most definitely stop me.
Oh, good. I just wanted to be sure :)

If you get an overwhelming urge to make chicken clothes, maybe crochet some chickens and then crochet sweaters for them.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/crocheters-thread.1605777/page-18#post-27566021

Buuuut what about frostbiten combs? No hats either?
I'm not sure there. I've never tried it, and never been interested enough to read much about other people's ideas and experiences with that idea.

At a guess, keeping it ON would be difficult.

If you get an overwhelming urge to make chicken clothes, maybe crochet some chickens and then crochet sweaters for them.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/crocheters-thread.1605777/page-18#post-27566021

I'm not sure there. I've never tried it, and never been interested enough to read much about other people's ideas and experiences with that idea.

I will never be able to find the link but someone on BYC had a cover design for comb hats.
I think as long as you have good ventilation you don’t really need to worry about frostbite except in very extreme climates.

In all seriousness chickens don’t want or need clothes, at least mine. How would they dust bathe? Or preen? And confession I did crochet my bitty chicks little beds for the brooder, let me tell you, you can not keep yarn clean- I’ve learned a lot in the short time I’ve been chicken keeping. My girls would MUCH rather have a nice perch or dirt hole

I will never be able to find the link but someone on BYC had a cover design for comb hats.
I think as long as you have good ventilation you don’t really need to worry about frostbite except in very extreme climates.
Yeah I’ve been reading and YouTubing just to prepare for winter. And I THINK if I’ve got the coop ventilated but no major drafts, frostbite should be less of a worry. Right?

Ok I’m taking deep breaths. You’re right! Chickens good. Quail bad. Ahh that’s better, I’m back! Whew close one.
Awww but just look at how cute the babies are! 😍🥰❤️

quail-top-rotated.jpg

Back
Top Bottom