What’s with how cheap eBay incubators are?

Sorry I know that was confusing. I fit everything into one sentence 🤣.
So I’m pretty young, I know you’re not supposed to say your age so I’ll just say I’m a teen. I don’t have much money because I’m not old enough for a job yet. Anyway, I’m hoping to hatch a big group of ducks to start a backyard farm, and obviously I need a coop, and my budget is about $160 for one, then I obviously need a good incubator, meaning I need to spend even more time doing research, and spend a little bit more money on a good incubator. Then I need the eggs, and since I don’t have any ducks yet I am buying them, so I’m basically just saying I have a lot of work to do
Lol! It's fine 😆
Ok. That makes sense. What kind of ducks do you want? You might be better off ordering ducklings from a hatchery or buying from a breeder. It might end up bring cheaper than the incubator/eggs. Ducks are fun though. I'm sure you'll love them.

Lol! It's fine 😆
Ok. That makes sense. What kind of ducks do you want? You might be better off ordering ducklings from a hatchery or buying from a breeder. It might end up bring cheaper than the incubator/eggs. Ducks are fun though. I'm sure you'll love them.
Haha that’s good to here. I did think about that...I know it’s a much more practical way to go, and I might need to just do that but I just think it’s always a more fun experience to see them hatch out. Plus I still needed a backup incubator anyway (I’m hoping to retire my current incubator as solely a backup and buy a better quality one for full time, hence the considering the NR360)

Haha that’s good to here. I did think about that...I know it’s a much more practical way to go, and I might need to just do that but I just think it’s always a more fun experience to see them hatch out. Plus I still needed a backup incubator anyway (I’m hoping to retire my current incubator as solely a backup and buy a better quality one for full time, hence the considering the NR360)
I know. Watching those little fuzzballs hatch is a really magical experience. Oh ok. Yeah, the NR is good. Though if your eggs are much bigger than chicken eggs the turner might have trouble turning them. Let us know what you decide to do!

I know. Watching those little fuzzballs hatch is a really magical experience. Oh ok. Yeah, the NR is good. Though if your eggs are much bigger than chicken eggs the turner might have trouble turning them. Lete know what you decide to do!
Ok I will 😄.Not sure when I’ll order it yet but I’ll keep you posted

i could throw in my 2 cents .. incubators, at least on the bargain level like your gonna find for 60-200 arnt going to be using high end components .. the temp sensors are gonna wear out and get inaccurate, the fan motors arnt gonna last forever and maybe the heating element the same story .. for 'high usage' i would just recommend replacing it yearly or so .. out of the box they probably all need to be calibrated to a known accurate thermometer and humidity thingamabob, i'd say most of the digital ones can be dialed into right where you want them .. and hatch rate and success still is going to have alot to do with just understanding what the eggs want and getting 'any' incubator set up to it ...
.. all that said, the little 60$ digital ebay unit i got that does about 15 medium eggs hatched me 11 out of 14 i think it was .. but doubt i'll be using it again till those mature and i need replacements for whatever reason .. in that capacity i'd feel safe using it several times, then i'd want a new one .. so like suggested above, going bargain on any incubator isnt going to give you a '100% duty cycle' unit lol .. i wouldnt look at it like that .. if your gonna be 'hot boxing' 50+ eggs at a time you need a commercial grade incubator lol ...

Back
Top Bottom