What’s wrong with my Duck?!

SnowyMuffin

In the Brooder
Mar 2, 2020
He’s been going on like this for days. And it can go up to hours. Either in the bath, water, or just out of the box. He wont just relax.
the only time he’ll stop this is during meal time & after when he’s done eating he’ll start again.
Please, any advise will be helpful!

Here’s the video to help you guys understand better.

Some more information would be helpful, How old is he? Is he housed with other ducks? Any other symptoms besides going in circles? What are you feeding him? It almost looks like he is trying to itch that area, Do you see anything around there? Any sign of mites/lice?

He’s been going on like this for days. And it can go up to hours. Either in the bath, water, or just out of the box. He wont just relax.
the only time he’ll stop this is during meal time & after when he’s done eating he’ll start again.
Please, any advise will be helpful!

Here’s the video to help you guys understand better.
I agree with MasterOfClucker and if not that maby some neurological issue?

Some more information would be helpful, How old is he? Is he housed with other ducks? Any other symptoms besides going in circles? What are you feeding him? It almost looks like he is trying to itch that area, Do you see anything around there? Any sign of mites/lice?

He’s alone. Almost 2 months old. No other symptoms except trying to chase his tail. He’s eating duck grower feed. It’s his favourite food compare to fresh greens. Like would gulp everything down and have the biggest stomach.

Do you leave feed an water for him during daylight hours? Just trying to find out if the gorging is from him not having food and water all the time.

Do you leave feed an water for him during daylight hours? Just trying to find out if the gorging is from him not having food and water all the time.
He has water all the time. He only stays in the box when it’s night time when i go to bed. He doesn’t act weird and sleep soundly inside the box at night too. And the next morning I’ll bring him out for food & water which is placed accessible at the kitchen. He’ll walk to there automatically once a while to get it when he needs. And water is also available at the living room.
just that within these past few days he’s acting like that.

I saw one of my Young Muscovy drakes do this not to that degree but looked just like he was chasing his tail in circles he finally got through what ever it was. Do you have any B complex if it did happen to be neurological liquid b complex can help sure worth trying. Vitamin b deficiency can cause problems in waterfowl.

Back
Top Bottom