What’s your favorite color that chickens come in?

I have a cuckoo Marans. She’s really pretty
I've got two cuckoo Marans pullets! They are only just feathered out thought, so it will be a while till they get their full colours.
It was a pair of cuckoo Orpingtons that started my love for them, I still have one and her son.
You can see the them in my avatar. He has now fathered quite a few chicks so I'm getting cuckoo popping up quite a bit.

Of the true breeding colors, I’d have to say my favorite is barred gold laced (aka candy corn) and whatever makes up golden cuckoo in marans. My real favorites are the mixed colors, though.
Barred gold laced is really pretty!! I want one! The cuckoo Marans I mentioned above is actually supposed to be golden cuckoo but there was a little bit of gold on her hackles for her first year and now it’s basically gone so I just say cuckoo. I agree though, mixed colors are the best

I've got two cuckoo Marans pullets! They are only just feathered out thought, so it will be a while till they get their full colours.
It was a pair of cuckoo Orpingtons that started my love for them, I still have one and her son.
You can see the them in my avatar. He has now fathered quite a few chicks so I'm getting cuckoo popping up quite a bit.
Aww that’s fun!

I really love Wheaten and Blue Wheaten. White's too pristine for me and Buff just seems so bland (although who doesn't love getting cuddles from a buff orpington?) but Wheaten seems to occupy the sweet spot between 'em. I have a bunch of Icelandics that are blue and brown, with white speckled breasts, and they look pretty darn nifty too!

Back
Top Bottom