What’s your favorite color that chickens come in?

I really love Wheaten and Blue Wheaten. White's too pristine for me and Buff just seems so bland (although who doesn't love getting cuddles from a buff orpington?) but Wheaten seems to occupy the sweet spot between 'em. I have a bunch of Icelandics that are blue and brown, with white speckled breasts, and they look pretty darn nifty too!
Wheaten always reminds me of a creamsicle lol. And you’re right. Buff Orpington cuddles are THE BEST. I’ve never seen an Icelandic. Do you have a picture?

I do, but they're a landrace, so they don't have a standard "look". Gimme a minute and I'll post a couple pics I took today, but I don't have nearly enough of these little guys.

All 3 photos are of Icelandic chicks. Unfortunately I think the only pullet in the lot is the buff crested bird in the bg of the second photo -- out of 11 chicks I'm fairly certain 6 are roos ;_;

Attachments

• 20230103_123432.jpg
    20230103_123432.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230103_123302.jpg
    20230103_123302.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230103_123217.jpg
    20230103_123217.jpg
    618.3 KB · Views: 1
Buff (real buff, not washed out creams that are sold as buff on certain breeds), buff and white, gold bbs duckwing, heterozygous dominant whote with buff, and leaky black.

And specific colors in specific breeds
I agree. There’s a lot of buff haters on this site but REAL BUFF is actually incredibly beautiful (in my opinion) plus it’s a very warm comforting color. I’ve had two buff orps from cackle hatchery and actually do a pretty good job of turning out fluffy, cuddly, snuggle bug buffs with saturated color.

Really, one of my favorite things about chickens is how they come in so many different colors, patterns, shapes, and sizes!
Its my favorite thing to! Its one of the things that made me want them so bad is the variety that you can have!

Back
Top Bottom