What’s your favorite duck breed and why ?

Wow you all have some beautiful birds!!!! Personally, I've never met a duck I didn't like so picking a favorite breed would be hard. My Runner is my friendliest and despite what they say about them being nervous, my Gabby is extremely social, curious and not nervous at all. My Pekins are the cuddliest and my Ancona is the comedian. My goal is to have at least one of each breed! :lol:

ducks.png

Last edited:
Runner is my favorite but we have Rouens , KC, and Pekin too. Our one runner is a clown the way he runs and acts. He does not protest when he is picked up. When we were brooding them, he was the first not to be afraid of us when picked up. He also is the most watchful eye in the flock. While the others are eating and playing, he spends more time looking for danger. Bandit is not the dominant drake of the flock but when they are free ranging the flocks follows him more than the other drake.
decducks.JPG

Runner is my favorite but we have Rouens , KC, and Pekin too. Our one runner is a clown the way he runs and acts. He does not protest when he is picked up. When we were brooding them, he was the first not to be afraid of us when picked up. He also is the most watchful eye in the flock. While the others are eating and playing, he spends more time looking for danger. Bandit is not the dominant drake of the flock but when they are free ranging the flocks follows him more than the other drake.View attachment 1639492

I love seeing pics of other member's Pekins. I'm glad to see your Pekins get what we call 'dirty cleavage' too :lau I'm sure our others have it but it just really stands out on those beautiful white feathers :D

Back
Top Bottom