What a boring Day 21!

Bantam Chase

Songster
8 Years
Jul 11, 2011
SC PA
No chicks yet and today is 'hatch day'. I"m hoping since temps were at 99 the entire time that they'll be a bit later, hoping for excitement tomorrow. No pips, no chirps, and I'm not opening the incubator to see what's going on inside. Cross your fingers for these four eggies!

I'm in the same boat. I had one hatch early day 19. The other 5 nothing yet. One moves ever so slightly almost not even noticeable but nothing else. Hope that both yours and mine hatch soon.
fl.gif
Guess we both just have to sit back and wait
pop.gif

Day 22 isn't any better. No pips so I pulled each egg out and candled - I did not see any movement but possibly imagined I could feel shifting in my fingertips. When I held the eggs to my ear I could not hear any taps (when I was little I molested the bejezus out of the broody hen's eggs - amazing any hatched with all the monkeying around I did to them!). Added some more hot water and sealed it back up. Temps have been 99-100 the entire time except the first two days of lockdown when it dropped to 97, humidity in the 40s for the first 18, now its up to the mid-70s.

At what point do you do an eggsploritory?

i'm hoping! Its such a good thing the incubator is set up at my parent's farm, or else i'd just be STARING at those eggs right now!

Back
Top Bottom