1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What a dark and gloomy day!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sjisty, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Yes, I know we need rain, but it's so dark out there today! Have you ever noticed how small your large fowl chickens are when it's rainy and they're wet? I have 14 of them piled up on my front porch, so even if I wanted to, I couldn't go outside today. They won't make the trek back to the coop - besides, they never know when the front door will open and a bowl of treats will appear.

Rain, rain, go away ...
    [​IMG]

2. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    Rain rain come this way PLEASE

3. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    You both can have my rain. I have way too much. Flowers dying, molding, everything is disgusting. Crazy rain this year, I wish I could share it. Sjisty; why does the ground look weird? Or am I just too tired? It looks blurry, almost like a water color. Is it blurry, or is that water or am I just crazy?

4. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Ugh, too much rain here! I'm looking forward to the sun of summer seeing as it's still Winter here [​IMG]

5. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    I don't think that we are going to have any summer here in the NW USA. I am so tired of being cold.

6. sugar209

sugar209 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 28, 2011
    There is not enough rain for the farmers here ,a small town locater in south China.[​IMG]

7. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Quote:It's water running on my wasteland of a back yard. We had no rain for way too long and so there's no grass in that area. I was just waiting for our regular rain pattern to replant, but now we're getting weekly floods, so I'm not sure if I'm ever going to have grass there! Also, it's a bad picture - it was pretty dark and my camera isn't that good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by