What a day this has been!

What a day, poor thing. I hope all goes well. Please take care of yourself! Praise the LORD.
bow.gif

{(hug)}
that is for you!
There was a recall on dishwashers a couple of years ago. I think GE or Hotpoint?
Thankfully you are all safe. Give your mom a big hug too!

Thanks for the well wishes, y'all. And, Debi... ya think?
lol.png

Our house was built in 1991 and we moved into it in Feb. of '92. This is the original dishwasher, a Whirlpool. I decided to see if there were any recalls on 1991 Whirlpool dishwashers. Here is what I found...

CPSC and Whirlpool Announce Dishwasher Recall

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml96/96133.html
and

ep.gif

Defective dishwasher blamed in fatal fire

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/09/04/BAG6H8JMQ91.DTL

We've never received any kind of recall notice...
th.gif

I wonder if I should mention this to the insurance company? Not sure if it's the same serial number as the recalled ones, but I'll bet it is.​

I've been off line for a while. As of today we have been in a hotel for 3 days and there is no telling how long it will be before we can get back into our house. It is unbelievable how much damage smoke and soot from burning plastic can cause... and make the air quality of a house unlivable. I'm over at my parents' house now and just wanted to take a minute to say hello. Hope everyone is doing well. Take care, hope to be back on SOON!

Quote:
Maytag, for sure (I had one--actually a couple)

When selecting a new dishwasher, make sure you pay attention to the spacing of the various spikes that hold the dishes in place. I love how much better my new dw cleans, but it is not as easy to load.

Consumer Reports did an article in either August or September on all kitchen appliances.

Quote:
Deb your too funny! But honestly think about it...How many of us turn on our dishwashers before we leave for work or shopping and such. I start mine before I leave for work every morning. I think I'm gonna start doing them at night when I'm home.

Robin glad to hear no one was hurt and hope all is going well for your hubby.

Back
Top Bottom