what a day

team guava pastry

Songster
10 Years
Feb 4, 2009
Miami, FL
Our poor girls spent the day outside, in the rain and cold mid 40's and to stupid to get out of the weather.

Now to please my girlfriend, the girls are in the spare bedroom in little boxes in the house where its warm. It's suppose to get down in the 30's and they are wet so.........

I should take a picture and post it. I can't believe it.

The things that I do for the girls in my life. lol lol:p

Last edited:
Awwwww you're a good guy. Your GF is a lucky woman!
By the way, a picture would be great.

Last edited:
I wouldn't dare bring my girls in the house, the dogs would eat them. sigh. I don't let them out in the winter anyway, they stay inside their stall in the goat barn/dog kennel.

Even in the good weather, mine don't like the rain.

They were in last night again. They woke me up cluckin, problably wondering where the heck am I.

I wa more concerned that they were wet from the rain that we had down here.

Egg production has shut down from the chickens.

Still got one from our little goose.

[edited to remove profanity]​

Last edited by a moderator:
I can relate with your girlfriend...My wife is the same way.....I have had everything with fins, feathers, or fur in the house (usually the mud room in the basement).....it's amazing how the "he looks cold" temperary fix has lead to "but I can't put him back out, he looks so comfortable"....

So chickens were my ideas....I made it clear after brooder and they were outside...they were NOT coming back in for any reason....and she has understood.

until yesterday, I come in from work and sure enough Tweeter (MY barred rock hen that thinks she is a dog) is sitting on the sofa with my wife .....I CAN"T WIN....

2 months ago she would not even give them water, now she is bringing them in the HOUSE....
I guess the chicken addiction is spread air-borne.

TNT

Quote:
My husband drew the line when I brought a toad with a missing foot into the house. But it was out hopping around in November! I don't think it could bury itself deep enough to hibernate.

Well the crisis is over (I think) the temps down here are going to be in the fifties/high 40's. The girls are outside, safe in the coop.

sorry no pic but I promise to take if the temps go down again.

What happen I was edited for use of profanity. i not really sure what i typed but it can't be much. Has this happen to anyone before, I'm a little shocked

Back
Top Bottom