What a my Easter eggers?

Trinwyn

In the Brooder
Aug 12, 2023
My Easter eggers have me stumped about what they are mixed with. One i don’t think is one but it lays a brown egg 🤷🏻‍♀️

The last picture and the one In question is the white in the back, she reminds my of a leghorn hen I had a few years ago but doesn’t lay white?

Also I think of one the other 4 is a rooster but I’m not sure. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_7437.jpeg
    IMG_7437.jpeg
    637.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_7323.jpeg
    IMG_7323.jpeg
    905.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7315.jpeg
    IMG_7315.jpeg
    665.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7312.jpeg
    IMG_7312.jpeg
    561.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7320.jpeg
    IMG_7320.jpeg
    362 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7318.jpeg
    IMG_7318.jpeg
    531.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7177.jpeg
    IMG_7177.jpeg
    1,000.2 KB · Views: 28
The Easter eggers are all females, so no worries about that. Easter eggers were originally mixes but I don't see any evidence of particular breeds mixed in recently, so I can't help you there. I'd say they are just plain old fashioned Easter eggers that have been around for many decades. They are not the newer olive eggers or Legbar type Easter eggers.

The white bird in back of the last picture does look like a Leghorn but looks maybe too young to lay. If it is indeed laying brown eggs then it is some type of hatchery hybrid, of which there are many.

The Easter eggers are all females, so no worries about that. Easter eggers were originally mixes but I don't see any evidence of particular breeds mixed in recently, so I can't help you there. I'd say they are just plain old fashioned Easter eggers that have been around for many decades. They are not the newer olive eggers or Legbar type Easter eggers.

The white bird in back of the last picture does look like a Leghorn but looks maybe too young to lay. If it is indeed laying brown eggs then it is some type of hatchery hybrid, of which there are many.
I attached a newer picture of her!!

Those are two different birds right? The other one has black specks and different leg color. Is she in the background of that picture?

Those are two different birds right? The other one has black specks and different leg color. Is she in the background of that picture?
In the original picture I was talking about the one in the back. Which was this one. The spotted one is a Pearl onyx

Back
Top Bottom