What a Poser

Ascholten

Free Ranging
Dec 12, 2020
Jacksonville, FL
I got a real piece of work here.
She'll go into the egg box and sit there for sometimes 2 to 3 hours. Then she'll get out all loud and strutting with the egg song. I mean she'll go to town now too, Little Miss Queen Diva of the Cackle City Crooners here !!

The only problem is, she didn't lay an egg, she just sat on theirs for a few hours, and is now pretending SHE did that :)

I don't want to call her out on this, I really don't want to hurt her feelings or anything so I'll be like, 'Oh GOOD GIRL', and pet her and whatever when she's carrying on, but the thing is she didn't lay an egg but is pretending to?

I can't ignore this because, well, she's LOUD, the others when there is danger they get loud and I'll come running out to shoo something off or whack something, but their danger song, while is pretty much the same as the egg song, the pitch and tempo (oh god listen to me what is WRONG with me !!!) is different, there is an urgency to it, and if it's really bad like a hawk in the yard, they'll all be doing it. HER now, she hasn't mastered the 'urgent call', even when there's danger, she just gets loud, NOT urgent, so when I hear this, I kind of have to come out, because with her I can't tell if it's casper the ghost egg, or something trying to attack them.

Is this at all normal for a chicken to pretend to lay an egg, and is this something I need to worry about, or something is wrong I don't know about???

Aaron

you may have trained her. She was getting rewarded for her naughty behavior. she knows that when she does that song, you will give her pets and make nice sounding vibrations. Chickens are just as smart (if not smarter !) as dogs. We just don't give them that credit because of a few dumb chickens,.We then procede to teach the whole community and younger generation that chickens are bird-brains, when we really have very smart birds. Our birds are accidentally trained to do such things. You were sadly one of those people who was taught such fantasy and lies. It is not you're fault. You would have never known.

Well SHE started it !!!! Stomp stomp pout, deny ANY responsibility....... :)

She probably does enjoy the attention but this only happens maybe once a week or so, not super often, so was wondering what's up with it? Im pretty sure I am manipulated by the one inside, so that henpicked attitude goes outside with me too :D

I mean, the cockatoo, when he's bad and I tell him im going to spank him, he just laughs at me :( I tell you, I get no respect !

https://rumble.com/v1k24pz-the-terrible-too-with-a-terrible-tude.html

Aaron

she's umm going on 3 now? daylight, it's autumn here,they free range so get whatever god gives us. Molting she is through that thank god, and she acts normally otherwise. just once a week or so, does the fake egg routine... maybe one of the other girls picks on her and she does it to feel better about herlself I dunno !! :)

Aaron

yes she lays eggs occasionally. she's slowed down a bit but she'll just, for whatever reason sit on the other two's eggs for hours, then get off them all perky happy and singing the egg song and strutting like she laid them. Like I said she only does this like once a week or so.

Someone said she was manipulating me for attention, which might be true but why go through all the egg drama, and who only once every two weeks?

Aaron

Well SHE started it !!!! Stomp stomp pout, deny ANY responsibility....... :)

She probably does enjoy the attention but this only happens maybe once a week or so, not super often, so was wondering what's up with it? Im pretty sure I am manipulated by the one inside, so that henpicked attitude goes outside with me too :D

I mean, the cockatoo, when he's bad and I tell him im going to spank him, he just laughs at me :( I tell you, I get no respect !

https://rumble.com/v1k24pz-the-terrible-too-with-a-terrible-tude.html

Aaron
OMG… my mocha latte is all over my laptop bc I literally spit it out laughing so hard. You got some sassy birds for sure!

Back
Top Bottom