What a slow hatch!

Mwilliams32931

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 25, 2013
I had pips when I woke up yesterday and the first one hatched at about 6 last night. Since then I have had 8 BQ hatch and 2 from my tibetan eggs. I have about 35 BQ left and 13 tibetans. I lost one that pipped but then died in the egg. I have done nothing productive today because I am obsessing over my eggs
barnie.gif

You call that a slow hatch?! My last hatch lasted at least five days long, from pip to out of there! They pipped the shell on day 23, then didn't do anything else for three whole days! I though for sure they were dead! Then, on the fourth day, half of them hatched, and then the second half the next day! I totally understand the obsessing! I did absolutely nothing those two days they hatched! Good luck with the rest of your hatch! I wish you patience!

Last edited:
Final count is 16 BQ and 4 from my own hens. I'm pretty happy with it but I would have preferred a better BQ ratio. I ordered 50 eggs, lost 5 in transport, 3 were infertile, and 1 died after pipping. I am ecstatic with the ones from my own hens. This was my first time incubating them.

They are doing good. It wasn't as large a hatch as I expected but I am love my little button quails. I'm glad to hear the ones you got are doing well :)

Back
Top Bottom