What a Soap Opera.....

ITS HERE!!!! Finally My male Frillback and Grey Fantail that have paired off have had a fertile clutch and one of the eggs hatched and we have a baby bird!!! I'm so excited, now I can't wait to see what traits it has from each of the parents.
More info and the baby grows and photos coming soon, but every time I try to take a picture Mom pecks at me and smacks me with her wing.......

Good morning friends! Here is the first photo, today Mom left the nest for a bit and I got a clear photo of our new baby. Can’t wait to see the traits develop as it grows up
50BFE0C9-F8CF-457A-9666-2EF83D9A4F35.jpeg

Ladies and Gentlemen Here is our new mixed breed pigeon, Mom on the right, Dad on the left (Silkie chicken in background- had to photo bomb ) and baby Thurston in the middle!
Has Dad's coloring and some frillback feathers and starting to show some Fantail traits from Mom

birdFamily.jpg

latest update! Couple 1 have hatched another clutch of 2 eggs, so 2 more hybrid Fantail/Frillback pigeons in my flock! One has the coloring of Mom and the other of Dad
pictures to follow as they grow,
I am done however as I don't have the space to keep adding to the flock so I will start to remove any more eggs that are laid,

Back
Top Bottom