What a strange winter

instar8

Songster
12 Years
Jun 30, 2011
N.IN
Not sayin I can't get used to this...but i know better! It's so nice to have the girls out foraging in January, there's actually stuff growing for them to eat, the ground is thawed...i was pulling up dead stuff in the garden today, tripping over chickens fighting over the worms. Supposed to get 10 inches tomorrow, down in the teens...but i'll have some good tasting eggs for a while!

Hmmm my location doesn't show up...I'm in Northern Indiana. Most years we wouldn't be able to see the ground, let alone dig in it or see anything growing....

I bet your hens are enjoying the weather. The weather down here has been strange as well

Hmmm my location doesn't show up...I'm in Northern Indiana. Most years we wouldn't be able to see the ground, let alone dig in it or see anything growing....

I bet your hens are enjoying the weather. The weather down here has been strange as well

Not sayin I can't get used to this...but i know better! It's so nice to have the girls out foraging in January, there's actually stuff growing for them to eat, the ground is thawed...i was pulling up dead stuff in the garden today, tripping over chickens fighting over the worms. Supposed to get 10 inches tomorrow, down in the teens...but i'll have some good tasting eggs for a while!

I know what you mean. instar we are on the Ohio River just across from Madison In. and while the snow forecast is only a couple of inches the temp dropped from the upper 40*s to the low 20*s in about three hours today!

Kevin you've gone from drought to 10" of snow out there. That is truly weird!

Back
Top Bottom