What a strange winter

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by instar8, Jan 12, 2012.

1. instar8

instar8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    N.IN
    Not sayin I can't get used to this...but i know better! It's so nice to have the girls out foraging in January, there's actually stuff growing for them to eat, the ground is thawed...i was pulling up dead stuff in the garden today, tripping over chickens fighting over the worms. Supposed to get 10 inches tomorrow, down in the teens...but i'll have some good tasting eggs for a while!

2. instar8

instar8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    N.IN
    Hmmm my location doesn't show up...I'm in Northern Indiana. Most years we wouldn't be able to see the ground, let alone dig in it or see anything growing....

3. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    I bet your hens are enjoying the weather. The weather down here has been strange as well

4. dirtsaver

dirtsaver Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Kentucky

I know what you mean. instar we are on the Ohio River just across from Madison In. and while the snow forecast is only a couple of inches the temp dropped from the upper 40*s to the low 20*s in about three hours today!

Kevin you've gone from drought to 10" of snow out there. That is truly weird!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by