What a Wonderful thing to do for the community!!!

Why not? I've BEEN out there on the street, and an hour's work for a good meal is a great deal. I NEVER turned down donations of food, and would generally eat it, appreciatively, right then and there so the donors would know I wasn't sh!tting them. I ALWAYS pitched in and helped or worked when I could.

*Someone's* living in an ivory tower.

Quote:
I think it's Outstanding. And I'm trying to keep the rich kids with uncallused hands from ruining a perfectly wonderful thread.
cool.png

Quote:
In my experience, they'll be "republicans" and "conservatives", you can take my prediction to the bank. I've never seen a "republican" or "conservative" turn down any possible freebee, gov't gimmee, subsidy, etc they can possibly get.

Why would you add such a negative comment to a thread about a GOOD thing? This is not about politics, it is about people helping people.

Edited to say: You are typing faster than me tonight, LauraJean.

Last edited:
I like his music and his moral values, the restaurant sounds good but the $10 suggested donation would be out of my range except for once or twice a month on payday. I'd have to do the work in the kitchen to eat there.

Quote:
I wasnt being snarky.. just honest. No snark at all in my post.. My comments come from real life experience.
Cant handle it, or what? Oh well.. your prob. Not mine.
My opinion on a subject is just as valid as anyones here.. mines just more honest.
Have a nice day..

Last edited:
Quote:
In my experience, they'll be "republicans" and "conservatives", you can take my prediction to the bank. I've never seen a "republican" or "conservative" turn down any possible freebee, gov't gimmee, subsidy, etc they can possibly get.

Why would you add such a negative comment to a thread about a GOOD thing? This is not about politics, it is about people helping people.

Edited to say: You are typing faster than me tonight, LauraJean.

I didnt bring politics into it... he did. As usual..

Quote:
If it runs like the one here, you do not have to work in the kitchen to get the meal. Some people eat for free and are not able to do the work. They arrange "special event" dinners to raise extra funds and there has been no shortage of volunteers so far. The restaurant is downtown so it is easily accessible from lower income neighborhoods as well as the buisness and tourist areas. They seem to have found a good balance of customers.

Even if I could afford the meal at $10, I would gladly work in the kitchen. I have worked in a large scale kitchen before and it's fun. I really love the Hobart mixer with that HUGE paddle thingy making mashed potatoes, biscuits, cakes, etc. I also love the push through dishwashers. Yep, I love me a big kitchen.

Back
Top Bottom