What about a duck coop?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Giddyup, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Giddyup

Giddyup Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Vancouver Island, BC
    Anyone do anything special? I usually just have nest boxes...and shavings on the floor. Almost wasted space with no roosting!

There is a slid door between the chicken and duck area, during the day everyone goes whereever, but I will be separating them at night. Think it would be nice not to get pooped on!

2. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    With ducks I always use a big platform for water so it doesn't get the bedding all wet. I make a square frame wit 2X6's and stretch hardware cloth on top. If I was building a duck pen I would make a big platform with hinges so I could clean under it daily and keep the other bedding clean and dry.

3. countryboy88

countryboy88 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2009
    Mcconnellsburg,Pa
    I built my ducks there own "house". I really overbuilt it but I used what I has laying around. The frame is 4x4 with 2x6 joists. the floor is 2x6 along with the sides with a plywood and shingle roof.

I have them in there own pen which is about 40x20 or 30 in the shape of a triangle.

I will get a pic of there setup if its nice out tomorrow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by