What about Ky?

Im curious to how far everyone might be willing to drive....There's that show in Milton on Labor day weekend might be able to get some folks from IN,OH and KY to attend a chickenstock. Thats about 2 hr drive from Indy if your going 55mph (lol) and about 1.5 hr from)Cincy. I know thats 6 months down the road, just wondering what everyone thinks, i might be pressed for something memorial day weekend.....Yolanda (wyldehorses) and I have been kicking this around but i see that russell springs is 3 hrs from Milton...Thoughts opinions?

We have talked about getting a speaker to attend, doing a potluck dinner, and a swap meet and even possibly raffles (apparently the show in Milton is in a park so there is plenty of room and play area for children.)

I was just here to get everyone together. Everyone else can work out the details. Such as location and time. I was just throwing some dates around. I am willing to drive any distance, just need to know where to go. I dont know about the Milton Show? Just keep me posted so I know whats going on.
big_smile.png

~Casey

Hey everyone,

I know Labor Day is a little farther down the calendar than what was being talked about, but that would give us plenty of time to plan (or plot).

Milton has the swap meet that weekend. They hold it in the city park. They have a small playground and restrooms. If someone wanted to camp. They could. I did last year. They have a picnic shelter. They are obviously chicken friendly. There are a few other vendors set up. I've seen plants, dogs, yard sale items all being sold. The swap would provide some of the enteratinment it's self. And has things to interest non-chicken significant others. Milton is directly across from historic Madison, which has some great antique stores, restaurants, etc, for anyone bringing a non chicken partner.

What does everyone think? I would be willing to help organize. And I know Chickencop would help. We've already been brainstorming. Anyone else interested in organizing or suggesting alternative sites/dates?

Last edited:
maybe we could look at having it close to shepardsville on a saturday and we could do the swap meet and then all hook up to see our deals and tell our chicken stories?

My only problem is that we have two small boys, ages 5 and almost 2. During the summer months, we also have 4 teenagers, so any long distance traveling is out for us. The older kids have to make the drive from Minnesota to Kentucky in the early part of the summer, right after they get out of school, then make it back towards the end of summer. I understand if this is not feesable, but with the younger ones, we really need to stay closer to home, they get tired out and then all heck breaks loose, and we won't be able to do a hotel stay with 8 people, those tend to be high bills....

KY Momma, Have You not heard of One person paying for a double and sneaking in the rest. Keep it on the DL and no one will be the wiser. lol just an idea!>?

Does anyone have any other ideas on where we could hold it? I think we may still try to plan some sort of bi-state get together in the fall. But we can do something this spring.

Yolonda

Back
Top Bottom