What about love?

Ninjasquirrel

Free Ranging
5 Years
May 11, 2018
Northwest Indiana
In these trying times as thanksgiving and christmas approach we might have to be away from some of our loved ones. But the ones we can keep by our side are the loved ones in our home. Tell me you love story. No judgements allowed. I dont care is your cis or trans. I dont care if your straight or gay. Its just nice to have some love in our lives.

My love story:

I was supposed to be meeting my boyfriend in a dive bar. I wasnt quite 21 yet so it was very sketchy for me. It was crowded there but I looked across the room and saw a man with a beautiful handlebar mustache. I felt myself drawn to him. I walked over to him and asked how he made it curl like that. He messed with it and said "very carefully". We started a great friendship that eventually lead into something much deeper. Finally one night after a baseball game he kissed me. We've been together ever since and are now engaged to be married.

You cant help who you fall in love with. My story may not seem glamorous or beautiful but its special to me.

Awe, that's adorable.
I actually have known my now-significant-other since we were three years old. I went to a small Montessori school, so everyone knew everyone. I met them in preschool, aaand we ended up in the same classes from then to the 8th grade. We weren't really friends, but we definitely noticed each other's existence. THEN, my older sister started dating his older brother (they went to the same school as I did and our parents were family friends). So we teamed up to troll them and ended up a bit closer than we ever expected. In high school, we eventually just told each other we liked each other, and bam, boom, dating. Our siblings have since broken up (but they are fine with eachother) ,maybe that's a good thing because it would be strange to have a both-ways brother in law. We are both in our early twenties, not engaged yet but I mean, you know....

Awe, that's adorable.
I actually have known my now-significant-other since we were three years old. I went to a small Montessori school, so everyone knew everyone. I met them in preschool, aaand we ended up in the same classes from then to the 8th grade. We weren't really friends, but we definitely noticed each other's existence. THEN, my older sister started dating his older brother (they went to the same school as I did and our parents were family friends). So we teamed up to troll them and ended up a bit closer than we ever expected. In high school, we eventually just told each other we liked each other, and bam, boom, dating. Our siblings have since broken up (but they are fine with eachother) ,maybe that's a good thing because it would be strange to have a both-ways brother in law. We are both in our early twenties, not engaged yet but I mean, you know....
I hope the best for you two! The fact that you've known each other for so long shows how close your bond is. The longer you know someone the more you learn about them. My fiancee and I have been dating for 10 years before he popped the question. I think I know him better than most at this point.

Wow, don't know if I would have hung around for 10 years. I'm older than most on BYC, in 10 years I could be long gone and buried.

Congrats to you and your fiancé! Love is something you can't plan for, and it can come in the most surprising ways...

My husband and I (formally) met in college in photography class. We existed in each other's fringe friend circles, and had chatted a few times before, but we were with other people at the time. Turns out both of our partners were absolute n-i-g-h-t-m-a-r-e-s and we were newly single when we got to know each other on a photo assignment. We were put in groups of three and the third wheel took a picture of a *ahem* drug dependent person depending on a drug and started to chase us all down an alley way. Me and my guy ended up ducking into a coffee shop to lay low and stuck around to chat for hours.

10 years on and we're happily married! There are ups and downs, amazing times, less than amazing times, and all the quiet moments in between. I hope you and yours get to enjoy them all ❤

Met the wife fifteen years ago online (when it wasn’t necessarily cool) Were pen pals for 9 months before meeting face to face. Drive into her driveway, her dog jumped in my lap and licked my face. (She growled and barked at everyone). 4 months later we were married.

Ive been through hell with this woman. Couldn’t have done it without her.

She just said she had too much time invested into the dog, and the dog chose me.

Back
Top Bottom