what age can goslings go outside

newgosling

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2016
graham washington
Hi I have 2 18 day old saddleback pomeranian goslings 1 9 day old American buff gosling I know they need to get the full feathers before they can fully go outside but i was just curious when do you guys put them outside fully at night. The days here where I live is 68 degrees in the afternoon and 45 degrees at night but that is for city area we are like 10 degrees lower then the city sense we live closer to the mountain then the city.

I let them graze every day on fresh grass they are eating the un-medicated chick feed but I am slowly transitioning over to the flock raiser that I bought I will do that till I am done with the food that they have been eating.

I have had adult geese before but not baby goslings but I am loving watching them grow like little weeds

They are in my oldest dogs crate that is huge they just got done taking a bath in my sink but they are wonderful birds I love geese they can be little butts some times when they want to be.

So please let me know at what age do you guys put your goslings out side full time I know they have about another month or so till they can be fully out side in there built pen away from my other birds till they get bigger to be free ranged with the others.

I am pretty sure I have 2 females and 1 male which is in the right corner of the picture I will be doing a DNA test when there feathers come in to make sure the male and females.

Last edited:
I'd say around 3-4 weeks old they can go without heat at night, as long as they're fully protected from draft and moisture. And predators, of course.

I've usually taken them outside full time around the 4-6 week mark depending upon the weather.

Yeah that is what I was thinking 4 to 6 weeks of age thanks for telling me. I am new to owning goslings so first time as I only bought adults so am new to the gosling things.

Back
Top Bottom