What age do Barred Plymouth Rocks start laying?

I have 2 barred rocks from Heidens feed store in Houston Texas. I have eggs at 20 weeks and 2 days. Looks like when you approach them and the tighten up and shrink down you will have eggs in 2 or 3 days. I also have 2 production reds from them. Same scenario. The "Mut Chick" I got from a friend... Same thing.

Thanks for the advice. My white leghorn just started laying and my Rhode Island Red just started laying. Someone else laid an egg but I do not know which one did it. We are also having horrible heat and humidity with the heat index from 102 on up. That I am sure is a factor to them not laying I would think.

I was planning on ordering some BR's for my first flock from IdealPoultry in Texas. Where I'm at in south Texas, we basically just have one season...HOT. Would that affect the time span before they start laying?

i had laying br hens for 5 years . they lay when they are ready. (for you very soon) i believe. and when they feel like it . mostly consistent except winter (not a threat) and moulting. keepthem happy and enjoy

Back
Top Bottom