What age do Pekin Ducks start laying eggs

My female Peking is five months old, and it's December, colder night temperatures. Will she begin to lay soon, or will she wait until spring???

Our pekin female is 1 year as well. No eggs yet...not sure what to do. She has good layer feed, oyster shell, chicken coop with bedding on the floor, free range when we are out to gobble whatever she needs. I was just wondering if they sell sterile ones through TSC. Any advice one what to do?

Our pekin female is 1 year as well. No eggs yet...not sure what to do. She has good layer feed, oyster shell, chicken coop with bedding on the floor, free range when we are out to gobble whatever she needs. I was just wondering if they sell sterile ones through TSC. Any advice one what to do?
Never heard they sell sterile ducks. How is her weight Pekins are lil piggies with their food. My Runners and Buffs are too but they get alot of exercise which is very important for layers. You have walked around looking for hidey holes under bushes- building etc? under bedding if thick my Muscovy's can hide an egg even if I use the pitch fork sometimes I miss them. How many females to drakes do you have?

I have 6 Pekin ducks almost 2 months old. I think 4 are females and 2 are males. I also have a male almost a year and 3 months old who lost his females to a bobcat. I have been letting the adult male work on bonding with his 6 offspring for the last 3 weeks and he's doing pretty good. Minimal bullying the 2 younger males and trying very hard to flirt with the females. All interactions are monitored by me or my husband just to be safe. I'm wondering how soon the younger females will be ready and safe for him to mount. He has been extremely patient and keeps asking permission from them. Does anyone know what might me the earliest they can safely be mounted by him ?

I've been trying to locate an adult female for him but so far no luck
Farm swaps are a good place to look if they have them in your area. Even if no one has one there, they might have one they would be willing to sell or know someone who does. Be careful though, I always come home with something I didn't know I needed. lol

I have a three month old Peking duck beautiful gal. Hatched her after mama left nest with ten little ones, I put last egg in bator. Anyways I put her in with my two mallards yesterday and the male will not stop mounting her, she fights him hard, is this ok? And I had her in with hens and have been getting a large white egg the past few days but can't be hers right I know she hatched June 3 so just slightly confused. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom