What age do Pekin start to quack??? Hoping for a girl, but getting nervous

I don’t think so. Those juvenile feathers are super flimsy and look curly. It will probably come up in a couple months from now. I’m sure their is a word for the juvenile feathers but I have no clue what it’s called.

Hi. I got two ducklings... about 7 weeks old. My Khaki Campbell has been quacking for a couple weeks now, but so far no quack from my Pekin......... I only have 2 so I hope they are both girls cause I understand 1 female isn't enough for 1 drake....... so does anyone know what age will my Pekin quack IF it's going to quack ...... aproximately of course.

I started with 3 ducklings- 2 Pekins and one khaki Campbell. At 7 weeks one of my Pekins was quacking loudly— very loud distinct quack honk while the other two sounded raspy chirpy. We were certain that this indicated a girl so we changed the name from Ping to Piper. we thought that she was the only girl. Then at about 10 weeks the quacking stopped, at about 12 weeks the Pekins both developed their boy raspy sounds and the little khaki Campbell began quacking loudly. We joke saying that our khaki stole Pipers quack!
At this point we are pretty sure the Pekins are boys and the khaki is a girl.
We are still baffled because only girls have the anatomy to quack...
I guess time will tell

Back
Top Bottom