What age do Polish cockerels get their wattles usually?

Mine is definitely a roo!

Attachments

• 79E5D60E-CD5B-44E3-8D75-15335272A6C6.jpeg
    79E5D60E-CD5B-44E3-8D75-15335272A6C6.jpeg
    698.4 KB · Views: 65
I agree!
A week by week progress of pullet and cockerel would be good to see... help compare the differences!
I see a lot of threads that start off strong but then we never end up knowing what happens sometimes it's a bummer cuz it could help somebody in the future you know but hey at least we got some great pics on this thread! !

Last edited:
Yeah thanks @PNWskye I still wouldn’t be sure if you hadn’t said... those wattles are the only give away but I don’t think his saddle or hackle feathers look too different than a pullet/hen... but what do I know?! 🤷🏽‍♀️
He’s very cute!
Very true @chkncrazy I’ll try to remember and post updates on Zasu too!

Yeah thanks @PNWskye I still wouldn’t be sure if you hadn’t said... those wattles are the only give away but I don’t think his saddle or hackle feathers look too different than a pullet/hen... but what do I know?! 🤷🏽‍♀️
He’s very cute!
Very true @chkncrazy I’ll try to remember and post updates on Zasu too!
I edited my post from saying I know drugs that start off strong so I know threads that start off strong. Talk to text got me again hahaha yes it'll be nice to know what yours turns out so far it looks like a girl to me but we shall see!

Haha... I knew what you meant...
Thanks @chkncrazy we’re really hoping she’s a she!!
I've had chickens for about 28 years I'm 36 now I used to always have roosters when I was younger but since I was a teenager I really didn't find the need for them as we bought the baby chicks and didn't have a huge Farm anymore like we did when my grandmother used to do it, and in that time I have had a few unexpected roosters and I was really disappointed at first but then actually was okay with it hey, if you can get past the Crowing.... they're not all that bad and then maybe you can hatch out some of your own chicks but all in all I hope it's a Pullet but just think of a world without any roosters LOL there wouldn't be any babies so they do serve a purpose somewhere just not on our grounds hahaha

Back
Top Bottom