What age do white leghorns lay?

I had 5 and they were the same clutch but developed at different rates even though they got the same treatment. It was a span of 4 weeks that they all eventually laid.
I must be lucky because I've never got a laying chicken not lay unless it met a untimely death. I say your odds are pretty good she'll lay.

I had 5 and they were the same clutch but developed at different rates even though they got the same treatment. It was a span of 4 weeks that they all eventually laid.
I must be lucky because I've never got a laying chicken not lay unless it met a untimely death. I say your odds are pretty good she'll lay.
That’s good to hear!

Mine started at 18 1/2 weeks, and hasn't missed a day since! I didn't want leghorns, got her by accident (mis-identified and I didn't know any better.) She's now my favorite chicken!

Same! I would never have picked her but my son was with me at the feed store and wanted her so in the box she went and she's been our best chicken. Great layer, so friendly, doesn't cause drama in the flock, etc.

One of mine started laying at 17 weeks old, but like someone else said, her comb & wattles were large & red. Another one of my leghorns is laying as well, she just started at 19 weeks old. She surprised me because her comb & wattles aren’t as large or as red as her sisters. Just leave the nest box with fake egg & they’ll go snooping around when they’re ready.

Mine started at 18 1/2 weeks, and hasn't missed a day since! I didn't want leghorns, got her by accident (mis-identified and I didn't know any better.) She's now my favorite chicken!
I didn’t want a leghorn either but once I heard how much they lay I was convinced. That is if she does lay 🤞🏻

One of mine started laying at 17 weeks old, but like someone else said, her comb & wattles were large & red. Another one of my leghorns is laying as well, she just started at 19 weeks old. She surprised me because her comb & wattles aren’t as large or as red as her sisters. Just leave the nest box with fake egg & they’ll go snooping around when they’re ready.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom