What age do you sell your quail?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Hooligan Farm, Mar 15, 2011.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Bobs sell around here for $2-$3 each if you can find anyone that wants to mess with them.

2. _Randall_

_Randall_ Songster

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Quote:That would get'ya 2 drumettes, and a tease from the massive breast of the giant bobs around here............at least comin' this year. Sounds like the market needs re-evaluating!

3. Hooligan Farm

Hooligan Farm Songster

Oct 24, 2010
    Burlington County, NJ
    Quote:That would get'ya 2 drumettes, and a tease from the massive breast of the giant bobs around here............at least comin' this year. Sounds like the market needs re-evaluating!

I'm really tempted to get some this year and try raising some

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay

I'm really tempted to get some this year and try raising some

With my coturnix and buttons, I was told by customers that I undercharge because of the quality of the birds. I have my bobwhites but not planning to sell them.

5. JJMR794

JJMR794 Crowing

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:JEES WITH YOUR LAWS UP THERE YOU'D HAVE TO HAVE 3/4'S OF THE FARM TURNIED INTO AVIARY TO MAKE 20 BUCKS.... NO WONDER THEY DONT WANT TO FOOL WITH THEM... THAT AND ITS JUST AS EASY TO GO OUT AND SHOOT WILD 1'S THERE....

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I've never seen a wild bobwhite around here. The ones that sell them are the ones that raise them for hunters, so I'm sure they make a buck on them regardless.

7. JJMR794

JJMR794 Crowing

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:HOW FAR ARE YOU FROM LBL?

8. millebantam

millebantam Songster

Nov 24, 2008
    Little Rhody
    Sale price is mostly regional. Out here, in my neck of the woods, full grown coturnix sell for 1.50 a piece at the local auction barn. Bobs average 4-5 bucks. One night some "newbie" paid 2.00 each for a crate full of coturnix and the old timers were makin' fun of him like he was wearin' a pink dress.

It baffles me how some of these guys can bring 40 or 50 quail, sell them for 1.50 each, then pay auction commision, and still pull a profit unless they're feeding them on a diet of potato peels and sawdust.

9. SandraMort

SandraMort Songster

Jul 7, 2008
    ny
    I haven't priced bobs but here in NY, coturnix go for 3-5 each on Craigslist.

10. leahthor

leahthor Chirping

Jun 24, 2010
    Northwestern Alberta
    Wow, you guys sure can get them cheap down there! Here Coturnix sell for $5 to begin with and can go up for sexually mature or Jumbos.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: