What all should a normal chicken keeper have?

Attack Chicken

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu
11 Years
Sep 25, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
I'm going to order from a poultry place that sells meds' and other poultry supplies. We already have DE food grade on order from our feed store. What medications/ injections and other supplies would a small flock carer should have?

Last edited:
The only thing I do for my chicks is to initially feed them Medicated Starter or Starter/Grower crumbles. It helps the chicks develop an immunity to cocci. I have not had any health issues. I may just have been lucky.

I'd probably order some BluKote or whatever they have for pecking. Most likely, someone will get pecked or get their feathers pulled sooner or later; good to be able to address it right away.

I would also keep some Neosporin (triple antibiotic ointment) without the "caine" additive for pain, for minor wounds, and some plain old Vaseline for poopy butts. Not things you have to order, of course.

I won't buy wormers or antibiotics unless I know the need them and know what kind they need.

There's normal chicken keepers??? I thought we were all crazy
lol.png

I agree with ddawn... , you may want to get an eye dropper or small syringe in case you have to get some sugar water or something down them.

Nancy
wink.png

I know we aren't normal
lol.png
I heard some people keep pills and injections for their flocks incase they get sick like tylan 50 (I think) injectables. I was to know because I'm going to order soon.

Back
Top Bottom