what am i missing??

blue90292

Songster
12 Years
Jan 30, 2007
Rosharon, TX
is there a button that needs to be checked so that when someone sends me a msg, i get an email letting me know i have a msg on byc? i can't seem to find it. thanks.

yes, i know of that one. and i use that one quite often so i only need to come to byc when i know someone's posted on that thread.

i'm talking about when you send a PM to someone and they PM you back. i don't get a msg in my email letting me know that i have a PM waiting for me on byc. is there a box i can click to get that alert?

If you get a message, at the top of the page where you see your name log in it will say you have messages.

I don't think Nifty has the feature for your email to be notified of a private message on the forum. If there is it is completely unknown to me.

Here is a screen shot of what you should see:

pm.jpg

Quote:
yup, but i'm not in byc all the time to see that message. sometimes people don't reply to the but send me a PM. if they had replied to the thread, i'd get an email saying someones' replied, but since they PM, i don't get a notice and miss out on an egg purchase, etc.

so i was just wondering. the other forums that i'm on, if someone sends a message, i get a notice in my email and i understand that that feature is free on all those forums.

I am not sure if we have that or not. I will ask Nifty to come here and let you know the possibilities. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Jody

We don't have an email notification of PM's. I'll probably add a back end process that will occasionally email members that have unread PM's with a simple note that says something like:

"Hi, just wanted to let you know you have xx unread private messages on the BYC Forum. Click here to login and read them!"

We wouldn't send it out very often... just once in a while as a friendly reminder.

Back
Top Bottom