What am I? NOOOOOO, besides cute!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by luvmychicknkids, Apr 6, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Alright, I have most of my chicklets figured out I think (thanks to help from members here). However, this little lady (better be a lady) has me stumped and there were no guesses on her, either. She is very soft, light yellow and grey. Slate legs, looks to have a single comb but is is so tiny I can't guarantee that. When I pull out her wing the tiny little feathers are solid white until you get to the bottom. There they have a dot of black on each one. The pic of this is hard to see, but hopefully you can well enough. Anyway, my guess is (and has been) Silver Spangled Hamburg. Anyone think this is right? Wrong? Thanks a bunch.

The wing
    [​IMG]

The baby
    [​IMG]

2. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Puhleeeeeezzzzeeeeee????? Just a person or two?

3. MS9325

MS9325 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    my guess is a delaware pullet.

4. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks. [​IMG] Well, that sure looks a lot like her. However, wouldn't she be a fairly large baby since the delaware was bred for meat as well as eggs? She is my smallest baby and I don't think she is a bantam since they were supposed to be standards.

5. mommy9994

mommy9994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    central VA
    I think Delaware chicks are all yellow with a black spot on top their head, no?

6. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Well, the Delaware babies I saw pics of had a variety of looks....there were three in the pic. One looked much like her, one was almost solid yellow. None seemed to have quite as much of the dark grey on their back as her though (but they just don't show the backs well). One site (no clue what now) described the Silver Spangled Hamburg babies as having the stripes of light and dark like she does (like the chipmunk chicks but grey and yellow instead of brown) and said they are small as adults. I am still wanting to lean more toward that but just don't know.

7. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

i say female! wings are sort and round. and im thinking.....what u said about the breed.

8. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Oh I hope so!!! I think they are so pretty. As for gender, I will be just devestated if she isn't a girl!!! I get so attached and don't want to have to re-home any babies. I just love my current roo too much to take any chances by adding another one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by