What am I...?Rare Breed Freebie...??? Pics

appleton78

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 4, 2008
Hutchinson, MN
Forgive the rotten pictures...I am photography challenged.

This is Pee Wee. She/He started out as one of the runts that came from our MM Hatchery order. Well, PeeWee has caught up--not the largest, but in NO way the smallest.

She/He has the most wonderful personality, choosing to ride on my shoulder when I am doing my "chores". --seeming to prefer me to the other chicks.

Any ideas---I can't figure it out..The pics don't show very well, but there are very distinct green legs and feet. She/he is almost white. Super outgoing.
TIA----Michele in MN

http://picasaweb.google.com/appleton78/MarchStartUp/photo#5181735761554005490

http://picasaweb.google.com/appleton78/MarchStartUp/photo#5181735770143940098

Ok...I just edited, because I can't figure out how to insert pics... If you could be patient with me, and go to the links...and check them out...thanks again....

Michele

Last edited:
Wow...blow me over with a feather...no pun intended. I had no idea they could be white. I have 10 of those and other than the green leg thing.....

Thanks alot..I can now safely say "She" also?

big_smile.png
wink.png

Well, you cant sex an Easter Egger that soon, but the green legs and poufy cheeks gave it away. Not sure what your others are. Yes, they can be white, but most of the time the freebie is a cockerel. Not always, but most of the time.

lol.png
Thanks all.....

We have all been getting confused with the he-she thing...

roll.png

How dumb could we have been....we ordered 10 americaunas/araucanas...10 RI Reds, and 5 Buff Orpingtons... I just assumed that our rare free chick would be different. Didn't give it a thought that we would get a duplicate of what we had.

I am quite glad that we did...She is a keeper....

Thanks again!
Michele in MN

She looks like a sweetie. I should have said you can sometimes sex them early, but most of the time, to be sure, you'll have to wait a bit. I've had some cockerels that were very definite at four weeks old, but some that weren't obvious till about 12 weeks old. Just depends.

Back
Top Bottom