What am I...?Rare Breed Freebie...??? Pics

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by appleton78, Mar 25, 2008.

1. appleton78

appleton78 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2008
    Hutchinson, MN
    Forgive the rotten pictures...I am photography challenged.

This is Pee Wee. She/He started out as one of the runts that came from our MM Hatchery order. Well, PeeWee has caught up--not the largest, but in NO way the smallest.

She/He has the most wonderful personality, choosing to ride on my shoulder when I am doing my "chores". --seeming to prefer me to the other chicks.

Any ideas---I can't figure it out..The pics don't show very well, but there are very distinct green legs and feet. She/he is almost white. Super outgoing.
    TIA----Michele in MN

http://picasaweb.google.com/appleton78/MarchStartUp/photo#5181735761554005490

http://picasaweb.google.com/appleton78/MarchStartUp/photo#5181735770143940098

Ok...I just edited, because I can't figure out how to insert pics... If you could be patient with me, and go to the links...and check them out...thanks again....

Michele

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

She is an Easter Egger.

3. appleton78

Mar 4, 2008
    Hutchinson, MN
    Wow...blow me over with a feather...no pun intended. I had no idea they could be white. I have 10 of those and other than the green leg thing.....

Thanks alot..I can now safely say "She" also?

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. speckledhen

Well, you cant sex an Easter Egger that soon, but the green legs and poufy cheeks gave it away. Not sure what your others are. Yes, they can be white, but most of the time the freebie is a cockerel. Not always, but most of the time.

5. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    If it helps on gender, my Araucana, Kichi, looked just like that and she's definitely a girl

6. appleton78

Mar 4, 2008
    Hutchinson, MN
    [​IMG] Thanks all.....

We have all been getting confused with the he-she thing...

[​IMG]

How dumb could we have been....we ordered 10 americaunas/araucanas...10 RI Reds, and 5 Buff Orpingtons... I just assumed that our rare free chick would be different. Didn't give it a thought that we would get a duplicate of what we had.

I am quite glad that we did...She is a keeper....

Thanks again!
    Michele in MN

7. speckledhen

She looks like a sweetie. I should have said you can sometimes sex them early, but most of the time, to be sure, you'll have to wait a bit. I've had some cockerels that were very definite at four weeks old, but some that weren't obvious till about 12 weeks old. Just depends.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by