Anyone know what breed this chicken is?

ramblinreckrangers

In the Brooder
Dec 8, 2023
Hi!
Sorry it's not a better photo, but in them you can see 2 white and black chickens with small combs. I don't recall what breed they are and I am having a hard time figuring it out. Might be an easter egger or an ameraucana. I guess I'll start finding out when she begins to lay... although one online site had me thinking this could possibly be an easter egger rooster?? Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_0317.jpeg
    IMG_0317.jpeg
    998.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0316.jpeg
    IMG_0316.jpeg
    925.7 KB · Views: 41
Easter eggers can take on many different looks as they are not a true breed, so it is possible, but not likely. A comb picture would help here as this color pattern does appear in a few breeds. If I'm remembering correctly Columbian is the color type. It may be a Wyandotte. Nothing about the bird looks like a cockeral. It's a pullet

Looks like a poor version of a columbian Wyandotte. The other one is a cockerel in the coop.
I wondered if one was a cockerel, it started looking different than the other a few weeks back. But my lack of knowledge on it's breed kept me from being sure. Thank you!

I agree, you’ve got a pair of Easter Eggers, one cockerel and one pullet. EEs can have any color legs, and yellow, like yours, is quite common.

Hi!
Sorry it's not a better photo, but in them you can see 2 white and black chickens with small combs. I don't recall what breed they are and I am having a hard time figuring it out. Might be an easter egger or an ameraucana. I guess I'll start finding out when she begins to lay... although one online site had me thinking this could possibly be an easter egger rooster?? Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks!!
This actually look like Columbian Wyandottes. I have one female. She’s an excellent mother. She has the small comb. Rose or pea, I’m not sure the name.
The other breed that has a similar, but less black coloring is a Delaware I believe.

Back
Top Bottom