What am I?

The comb picture request was partially also so that I could see what type of comb she has for breed identification. It looks like she has a single comb, but the closer shot of her is blurry and I can't tell for sure if that's correct or if she maybe has a pea comb.

I take it they were hatched under a broody if stray eggs may have been added to the clutch. Did you see what color the shells left from the chicks hatching were? What egg colors were in the assortment? That would at least narrow down the possibilities some even if we don't know which specific egg she came from.

Yellow legs would rule out White Orpington as I had been suspecting initially, as they have pinkish legs... What about foot feathering, has she got any of that?

Apologies for all the questions, but it's hard to positively identify the breed or mix without clear pictures or more information. 🙂
Apologies if I seemed touchy. I've had a headache bordring on a migraine all day. They were hatched under a broody. My White Frizzle gets broody often! It could've been hers and I didnt catch it. My only Roo that was around her was my Speckled Sussex. Only 4 of the eggs out of the 12 hatched and were off white/light brown. Her comb, what little there is, is a single.

Apologies if I seemed touchy. I've had a headache bordring on a migraine all day. They were hatched under a broody. My White Frizzle gets broody often! It could've been hers and I didnt catch it. My only Roo that was around her was my Speckled Sussex. Only 4 of the eggs out of the 12 hatched and were off white/light brown. Her comb, what little there is, is a single.
The breeds I bought were, RIR, Comets, Calico Orphingtons, and one other I can't remember. I can't even find the breeders number or even the messages to ask her.

Back
Top Bottom