What am I seeing in this muscovy egg?

BunnyStyles

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 16, 2014
Hey guys i was candling my ducks egg even though she bit me a few times haha anyways I found this egg, a bit of it has been sorta pecked at probably when she stumbled into her nest anyways I found this egg, i dont know how many day she has been sitting on the eggs for, could someone probably tell whats happening?

Please help, I found another two eggs like this aswell

It looks like your duckling is about 2weeks into incubation. Congrats! And hope you wanted a baby
big_smile.png

Did you put it back under your broody duck?

thank you so much for telling me how many weeks ! :D and yes i did, got nasty bites tho haha my hand was full on bleeding when i got back into the house, she's very protective haha :) also thanks! :D i cant wait till they hatch :D

Last edited:
Yep. Literally what you are seeing is the air sack, the white, and the circulatory system forming inside the shell. If you look from the side you should also be able to see the yolk and a little dark shadow which will eventually start to look more like a duckling. If you ever see a ring of blood, that's a shell death. It'll look like a red halo. Congratulations and I hope it hatches well.

will keep you updated for sure! tho today my drake got into the nest with my duck charlie and squished a egg while trying to rape her :( she is very shaken up

Back
Top Bottom