what am I seeing??

koakritters

Songster
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
Petaluma
ok today's day 7! This is my first time candling, and i've looked at all the pics on here of seeing the veins and stuff, but idk if i just don't have a bright enough light or?? but all i can see in some is nothing, then others about half the egg has a big black thing that moves side to side and takes up like half the egg. and a couple have a smaller black dot inside that. I'm trying to get pics posted, but I haven't seen anything like that on the pics for a day 7 egg... any help please?

sorry for the bad photo, but i couldn't get one to look right without the flash going off. ignore my pepsi box looking tool to block the rest of the light around it lol! some looks like this, some are smaller things floating around, but i can't see any veins like in pics i've seen on here before

IMG_9372.jpg

Hmmm... Day 7 for me was yesterday and I can deffinately see veining. I can see a small black blob but it is smaller than the nail on my pinkie... I am not sure what you are seeing though there could still be something in there

well i used a 75watt bulb and still the same thing. i cant seem to get a better pic either.
sad.png
a couple i dont see anything in, so right now i'm assuming they dont have babies, but the others hae that big blob floating around, and it's much bigger than the yolk is when i've opened the eggs before... i need an xray machine!

When I candled mine at day 7 I had the same thing

51084_eggc3.jpg

2241_eggcandle.jpg

Yesterday (day 12) on my light green ones and the lighter brown ones I could see veins(no pics).... so it may just be the shell is too dark / light not strong enough.

Koa- The pictures are a bit fuzzy, but it looks like that egg shell appears really porous-- not a good sign for viability. Point your light straight down on the top, and then through the side. If it still looks clear, you have an infertile egg. All the eggs I have set that were viable, always had distinct veining at day 7.

Hope I am proven wrong about your egg though. If it's clean, why not let it set a bit longer? It won't do any harm.

Back
Top Bottom