What am I supposed to do after I win eggs on ebay?

tadpole98

Songster
7 Years
Mar 20, 2012
Missouri
I won some maran eggs on ebay and now im wondering what im supposed to do? Do I wait for a call from the post office? This is my first time getting shipped eggs and im so excited
big_smile.png

Go to grocery store and buy food enough for 3 weeks, make a to do list of whatever need to be done and put it next to your incubator. When eggs come, it's hard to think of anything else.

When most transactions are completed on Ebay, the seller sends notification that the item has shipped. They should come priority mail in which case you'll have a shipping/tracking number - depending upon the shipping they offered. I'd be keeping an eagle-eye on that tracking/shipping number so you are home exactly when they are delivered. It's not going to be like the post office shipping baby chicks from a hatchery - there shouldn't be any "peeping" coming from the shipping container.
wink.png

Hatch them and have fun with your babies!

When most transactions are completed on Ebay, the seller sends notification that the item has shipped. They should come priority mail in which case you'll have a shipping/tracking number - depending upon the shipping they offered. I'd be keeping an eagle-eye on that tracking/shipping number so you are home exactly when they are delivered. It's not going to be like the post office shipping baby chicks from a hatchery - there shouldn't be any "peeping" coming from the shipping container.
wink.png

Hatch them and have fun with your babies!

Ohh so they come to me not the PO?
Go to grocery store and buy food enough for 3 weeks, make a to do list of whatever need to be done and put it next to your incubator. When eggs come, it's hard to think of anything else.

big_smile.png
I know it!! i hatched out a few batches before of me and a friend's eggs (the eggs werent shipped) and I couldnt hardly do anything but sit and wait!

let them sit for 24hrs then incubate them
sad.png
that'll be a long wait

Hope you have better luck with ebay eggs then i did i had 12 none were fertile. Paid over 40 bucks for unfertile eggs. Yet i got eggs from a a hatchery 12 eggs 6 hatched i will never buy ebay eggs again.

If you request for them to be left at the post office they can note that on the box with a phone # to reach you, but the post office may not pay attenion to the instructions.

Last edited:
If you request for them to be left at the post office they can note that on the box with a phone # to reach you, but the post office may not pay attenion to the instructions.
I want them brought here :)

Hope you have better luck with ebay eggs then i did i had 12 none were fertile. Paid over 40 bucks for unfertile eggs. Yet i got eggs from a a hatchery 12 eggs 6 hatched i will never buy ebay eggs again.
I checked out the person selling and they got all good reviews :)

I bought 10 eggs on ebay (plus extras) and ended up with nine healthy chicks. However, part of the risk is that the reviews are usually given when the eggs arrive, not when they hatch. I'd suggest learning how to candle and keep an eye on them that way, and egg-topsy your lost eggs so you can see if they were unfertile or if they died in the incubator.

Hope you have beginners luck. Here is what is going against you.
1. it is late in the year and fertility may suck
2. you are getting shpped eggs---a man that works at the post office told me that he can't see ANY eggs arriving safe. The boxes go down Many coveyor belts and there is a 3 foot drop at the end of each conveyor belt. Thus most eggs are scrambled.
3. your incubator has to be [at this time of year, in a room where the temp is the same wether the furnace is running or not.

BUT REMEMBER I have found that beginners always have the best luck.

You will do well

Back
Top Bottom