What am I?

Tlmcq

Songster
Mar 17, 2017
Pomeroy, OH
This little one was extra that came in with my polish. Obviously, not a polish, but not sure what he/she is. According to what I've searched maybe, Sultan. What do experts think? Has 5 toes, vulture hocks, feathered feet, pink skin, crest, and puffy cheeks. Here's pic
IMG_20171008_144604.jpg
IMG_20171008_144535.jpg

This little one was extra that came in with my polish. Obviously, not a polish, but not sure what he/she is. According to what I've searched maybe, Sultan. What do experts think? Has 5 toes, vulture hocks, feathered feet, pink skin, crest, and puffy cheeks. Here's pic
View attachment 1155572 View attachment 1155573
The only breed with all of those attributes is Sultan so you are right. The only question is whether it's standard size or bantam.

Not sure on that yet, we shall see. But it is now quite a bit bigger than my polish hatched same day and slightly bigger than guinea keets that are within a day or so of being same age.

It's my favorite in this batch. Even this young it is most mellow and doesn't freak if you try to pick it up. Will even fall asleep being held by itself.

Sultans are wonderful birds! I have a bantam named Jafara. She was one of the sweetest birds ever. Keep us updated; maybe it's a polish-sultan cross, as it came in with your polish batch.

I had to double check here cuz I was actually second guessing myself thinking there's no way I got a Sultan as an extra. I'm so happy!:)

Back
Top Bottom