Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Mar 17, 2018
Desert southwest, a farm in N.M.
My Coop
My Coop
This guy, i kept thinking was a silver lakenvelder but now im wondering because the pics online dont seem to have laced neck feathers in the males. So I did more research and think hes a silver leghorn?
Anyone opinions? Hes rather large, about twice the size of the lakenvelder hens in the pics, he barely fits in the cage I had them in for pictures haha!
20181127_094823.jpg
20181127_094830.jpg

You know, I see what you're referring to. Initially thought it was a product of frostbite, but something does seem different. :)

~Alex
It could be frost bite or just a wonky comb, but my guess is that it is the result of crossing a bird with a single comb to a bird with a pea comb because that type of cross will often result in a comb like that.

It could be a mix i guess, as i hatched some neighbors eggs this spring and just had them added to my newer flock when i bought chicks this year.
He is very pretty, and a nice calm bird. but im probably going to sell or eat him. I hate to eat him when he is so pretty tho... i will see how they handle it when i add my easter eggers into the flock soon, i definitely want to keep my easter egger roo because i want to hatch more of them out as needed. So if they dont get along i will have to do something.
Ive been going through my pens trying to take out and sell the breeds i dont want to breed, or at least the roos of those types. And all but my favorite of the mixed hens ive already sold. I have way too many birds that I dont need. I need to get it back down to 40 or 50. I think at its height i had about 75! It is too hard to say no to cute little chicks! I would only be satisfied if i had a set of each breed in existence! :)

Back
Top Bottom