jess19864

Chirping
Jun 18, 2016
These are all mixed to some extent because i only have one roo and he is an easter egger. The mom that hatched them I think was my black maran but she was stealing everyone else's eggs. Obviously i don't think any of these are a mix between him and my rhode islands so the other options are barred rock,easter egger,olive egger and black sex link/star(pretty sure those are the same lol.) They were surprise babies. I thought my chicken had been killed by something because she disappeared for about a month. I believe shes the maran like i said because i quit getting the really dark brown eggs during that time. She was stealing eggs and rolling them under the coop and hatching them 🤣. Thanks

Attachments

jess19864

Chirping
Jun 18, 2016
These are all mixed to some extent because i only have one roo and he is an easter egger. The mom that hatched them I think was my black maran but she was stealing everyone else's eggs. Obviously i don't think any of these are a mix between him and my rhode islands so the other options are barred rock,easter egger,olive egger and black sex link/star(pretty sure those are the same lol.) They were surprise babies. I thought my chicken had been killed by something because she disappeared for about a month. I believe shes the maran like i said because i quit getting the really dark brown eggs during that time. She was stealing eggs and rolling them under the coop and hatching them 🤣. Thanks
I did try to google pictures but most of them look the same to me. I thought maybe a few would look like my olive eggers because while googling chicks the brown one with stripes popped up as an olive egger. Ive never had chicks that i havent bought so i imagine they are going to look like one of the parents but who knows. Im not really sure about chicken genetics.

Jul 15, 2020
Washington State 8a/8b
It'll be easier/possible to identify possible nixes when they're older! :D especially since you don't have like a Cochin therefore if there was a feather legged chick it would be hers, etc. And depending on the color of your rooster the RIR could be a mom :D

Jul 15, 2020
Washington State 8a/8b
I did try to google pictures but most of them look the same to me. I thought maybe a few would look like my olive eggers because while googling chicks the brown one with stripes popped up as an olive egger. Ive never had chicks that i havent bought so i imagine they are going to look like one of the parents but who knows. Im not really sure about chicken genetics.
Chicken genetics are confusing I don't blame you one bit, you'd learn horse, dog AND pigeon in the time before someone else could learn chicken haha! Lol, but depending on the parents chicks could look nothing like the parents, or exactly alike, or a bit form each! Easter Eggers throw wrenches into plans and can make it harder to predict since their genetics are so insanely unpure, not in a bad way but like Cochins come in select colors whereas EEs can come in anything! You never really know what genes they're carrying ;D

jess19864

Chirping
Jun 18, 2016
these are pics i have of the potential moms and the dad. As you can see most of mine are black aside from the easter eggers,rhodies,and barred rock. Sadly i no longer have the turken or faverolle. I guess i will just have to wait and see lol. im very impatient lol

Attachments

Top Bottom