What am I . . .

sbillmyer

Chirping
Jan 14, 2021
IMG_0288.jpeg

Can someone tell me what breed I am and how can I tell if I am a girl or a boy? I am six months old and crowed about 3 days last month, but I have been quiet since. I am a really nice bird and I don't show any aggressive behavior, but I just want to know what I am. And yes, that is me on the roof. Something must have scared me in the back yard so I took to the sky and ended up on the roof. I was offered some pieces of bread to get down, and it worked.

If it's crowing it's a cockerel. Golden Sebrights are hen-feathered so gendering can be tricky
Sometimes hens will crow too, although it's an odd behavior. Given the looks of the comb and wattles, it is quite likely that it actually is a hen, especially if there are no roosters in the flock.

Thanks for all the help. I will take a better picture this weekend and post. He/she's name is Tinker since he/she is like a toy. I am hoping it isn't a rooster since the town where I live does not allow roosters. The bird is very cute and very sweet and has a lot of personality.

Thanks for all the help. I will take a better picture this weekend and post. He/she's name is Tinker since he/she is like a toy. I am hoping it isn't a rooster since the town where I live does not allow roosters. The bird is very cute and very sweet and has a lot of personality.
I'm curious what they do about hens that crow?

Back
Top Bottom